Consumer Goods and Retail Recycler Audit - Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment
Recycler audit – waste electrical and electronic equipment from SGS – comply with the requirements of the Act on Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment.
Provisions of the Act on Electrical and Electronic Equipment Waste (Journal of Laws of 2015, item 1688) that came into force on January 1, 2017 require electrical and electronic equipment recovery organizations as well as treatment plant operators to conduct annual external audits.
Audit of electrical and electronic equipment recovery organizations should cover:
- The scope of activities conducted by the organization
- Compliance with requirements regarding shareholders of the organization
- Agreements with the treatment plant operator
- Certificates on waste equipment issued by the treatment plant operator
- Submitted statements and the punctuality of their submission
Audits of treatment plant operators should include:
- Compliance with the requirements of the Act on Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment and the December 14, 2012 Act on Waste, in particular, the control of compliance with held decisions regarding waste management for the conducted process
- Technical possibilities, including processing capacities of waste management systems, in particular, methods for enabling the disassembly and preparation for reuse of collected waste equipment generated from equipment placed on the market by economic operators with which agreements are held, as well as waste left after the disassembly of waste equipment
- Conformity of information contained in the certificate on waste equipment issued by the waste management facility operator with the actual condition
Audits must be completed by April 30 of the year following the calendar year audited. The audit report and documentation must be kept for five years after the end of the calendar year audited.
Why choose recycler audit – waste electrical and electronic equipment from SGS?
As an accredited environmental verifier under EMAS (PL-V-0018), we are authorized to conduct external audits of recyclers. An experienced SGS auditor will create a written audit report based on the relevant documents and evidence. SGS will then send the original of the report together with the accompanying documentation to the business owner, who is obliged to hand over a certified copy to the Voivodship Environmental Protection Inspector and to the Voivodship Marshal by May 15.
To learn more about recycler audit – waste electrical and electronic equipment, contact us today.